Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pencil sketch by Gil Garcia

In the early years, my mother began to teach all five of her children to draw.  I took to portraits and have been enjoying my craft for the past sixty-four years.  I have been surrounded by artist my entire life; my father being a sculptor of metal, my brother Paul a sculptor in bronze and silver and a painter of modern art, my brother Ben an acrylic painter, my mother (our mentor) a watercolorist, and my oldest sister (a late bloomer) has taken to watercolors.

Please email me at gilgarcia40@gmail.com if you wish to have a portrait of a loved one or a memorial portrait please don't be shy, don't be shy, I do work from photos.
As you can see below I also do historical reproductions in oils.  Standard oil portraits such as Tonja Gauthier and Kerri Halstead on a 16" x 20" canvas $650 plus shipping.
                                                       
Portraits
Click on each portrait to enlarge.



Farm Boy



Marilyn Monroe oil on board



This painting is a bit unusual for me, only because 
it incorporates two different styles. I did not take 
a very good picture as you can tell in the lower 
left there is a washout. I call it, 'Old Field Slave.' 
this man really did existed. I used a picture that was 
taken in the early days of cameras. I just felt that by 
doing his portrait in oils, he would live on forever.

                                                        Grandpa Rodolfo Ortega (1909)

Tonja Gauthier (click on the paintings)
Maria Lana's Grandaughter

Kerri Halstead

Mahatma Gandhi

Mother Teresa

The Sandinista



Rosheen


Bob Baer


Contemporary/Modern & Surreal Art

Picasso's girlfriend Jacquline


The Nanny


Lucricia


 Nobody's Perfect


The Agony


Pondering Your Past



The Closeness of The Unfortunate Twins



Religious Art


The Moment of Atonement


Revised (Del Sarto Painting)
Madonna of the Harpies


Sport Paintings


Official Portrait Artist for the 
Sacramento Kings 2002-03 Western Conference 
Champions


Chris Weber in Action

Impressionistic Paintings
Tribute to Vincent

Windy Beard






No comments:

Post a Comment

Portraits (CLICK ON PENCIL SKETCH BELOW FOR MORE)